200 South Avenue 66
Since 1897, Judson Studios has designed and fabricated stained and fused glass for architectural spaces in Los Angeles and around the world. We also specialize in repair, conservation, and restoration of stained glass. For over 120 years we have upheld the finest traditions of the craft and offered a diversity of timeless design.
We are a full service art glass studio working at any scale, from small chapels and grand cathedrals to residences and public art installations. Our team oversees every aspect of a project from concept to installation and provides support that is tailored to each clients unique needs. Additionally, we provide cutting-edge design and fabrication techniques, as well as innovative thinking to anticipate problems before they arise.
The studio was established by the painter and professor William Lees Judson and his three sons. From the start we thrived by beautifying the booming metropolis of Los Angeles with works that represented the best in traditional and modern design. Today Judson is the oldest family-run stained glass studio in America, still proudly offering an exquisite, handcrafted product made by local artisans, and continuing to serve the community that has sustained us through the decades.
The philosophy at Judson Studios focuses on contemporary design while building on a foundation of tradition. We combine artistic creativity with respectful professionalism to ensure that the journey from design to installation is a positive and inspiring one for everyone involved.
Design & Craftsmanship since 1897 – specializing in Leaded/Stained Glass, Faceted Glass, Mosaics, Fused Glass, Kilnformed Glass, Sandblasting, Protective Glazing, Design & Installation, Lamination and Restoration.
Regions Served: Global/International
- Church of the Resurrection, Leawood, KS
- Disney Theme Park, Shanghai
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Unity Temple, Oak Park, IL
- University of Southern California: Caruso Catholic Center & Dining Hall
- Wilshire Blvd Temple, Los Angeles, CA
- Ace Hotel, Down Town Los Angeles, CA
- Hotel Normandie, Los Angeles, CA
- Proper Hotel(s): New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Austin
- James Jean collaboration for Lotte Museum in Seoul, South Korea
- Public Art Installation with Laurie Frick for Texas A&M University
- New Mt. Carmel Monastery, Meeteetse, WY
- Residential Fused Glass Dome, Newport Beach, CA
- Disney Theme Park, Tokyo
- Public Art Installation with Sarah Cain for San Francisco International Airport
- University of Portland, Portland, OR
- St. Michaels Abbey, Orange County, CA
OTHER AFFILIATIONS, DESIGNATIONS, SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Firm