Website: www.jacksonvillestainedglass.com (opens new window)
1040 E. Morton Avenue
Jacksonville Stained Glass, owned and operated by Bill Preston and Ron Weaver, is a full service studio located in Jacksonville, Illinois. JSG has been incorporated and a fully accredited member of the SGAA since 2017. JSG currently employs seven full time and two part time employees. We pride ourselves in continuing the centuries old processes of stained glass restoration. “The Standards and Guidelines for the Preservation of Stained Glass Windows”, published by the SGAA, is our Bible to which we adhere.
Stained glass restoration currently makes up for 80% of our work load. Most of this work is for Churches, but other facilities with stained glass also frequent our studio. The other 20% is made up of new windows. The art department at JSG can produce fantastic designs and will work hand in hand with our customer, achieving fantastic results. Our in-house art department specializes in reproduction painting techniques, invaluable to the restoration process. Exterior storm glaze coverings, wood window frame repair and replacement and masonry repair are also handled “in house” by our skilled craftsmen. We fabricate the storm glaze aluminum frame in our fab shop and constantly challenge ourselves in making these frames nearly invisible by following complicated tracery patterns of stained glass windows.
JSG owners, Preston and Weaver, feel that the key to maintaining a successful studio is to be involved in all of the processes which pertain to restoration. From initial on-site inspections to the final walk through, the owners make the process very personal to their client. JSG will invite groups from the church to tour their studio while the restoration work is being completed. Providing necessary continuing education in our field and a free lunch!
Stained Glass Restoration, ecclesiastical, commercial and residential Re-purposing Old Windows for New Openings New Stained Glass Windows Storm Glaze Coverings Wood, stone and steel window frame restoration Traditional hand painted kiln fired glass (new and reproduction work) Custom Light Boxes Slumped and fused kiln work Free On-site Inspections and Estimate.
Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana