Join SGAA as a Professional Member
Professional Membership is open to individuals and companies that fabricate, repair, restore, retail, manufacture, and/or distribute products/supplies for the leaded, stained, and/or decorative art glass craft.
- Subscription to Stained Glass Quarterly
- A membership certificate
- An invitation to attend, and a written report of, General Membership Meetings and Conferences
- A full company listing in the Alphabetical Directory of the Sourcebook
- A full company listing on the Find a Studio website page.
- The opportunity to place one, ½-page advertisement in The Sourcebook
- The right to display the Professional Member Logo
- The opportunity to serve on some committees
- The opportunity to serve as chairman of some committees
- The opportunity to be nominated as a Director of the Association
- The right to cast one (1) vote on all elections and business matters brought before the voting membership
- Access to relevant trade information
To be eligible for membership at this level:
- Have been in business for a minimum of four (4) years.
- Meet the IRS definition of professional: 70% of income must be derived from work in leaded, stained, and/or decorative art glass.
- Meet specific criteria established by the Membership Committee and provide supportive documentation of compliance.
- Have a reputation for integrity, financial responsibility, sound business practices, and quality of craftsmanship that reflects positively on the Association.
- $225 annually upon acceptance
"If I had not found the SGAA, I would never be where I am today—I would never have met the people I work with and partner with now, and my studio would not have achieved the growth that it has in the last several years. And it has been especially meaningful now, in this pandemic, to have this community for support."
"After being an affiliate member for years, I finally attended my first conference—and was immediately enfolded within the SGAA with the comradery and knowledge freely shared. The members that I met at that conference (and many of the subsequent ones) became my friends and more importantly, mentors. With their encouragement, I applied for the professional membership. The vetting and formality of the application really makes gaining the approval and verification so much more meaningful because it is not just about paying more—it is about a professional recognition."
The membership term is June 1 through May 31 of each calendar year.
Access the full application, including benefits and maintenance requirements here: