Stay immersed in stained glass - renew or join now before rates increase on September 1st, 2022.
Immerse in the world of stained glass inspiration, technology and professional craft by renewing your membership in the Stained Glass Association of America.
Not only would renewing or joining include a subscription to Stained Glass Quarterly for a year, but you’ll also help fund a range of nonprofit programs that support artists and elevate our field. Together, we provide resources for restoration, technical publications, mentorship, scholarships and so much more.
In the coming year, we hope to both reconnect in person with our many members and readers as we all celebrate the return to normalcy, which includes the return of the Annual Summer Conference, which was held in Toledo, Ohio in June, 2022. Additionally, more and more lectures, tours, and talks about the art and education of glass are being presented nationwide. All of this would not be possible without the generous contributions of readers and members just like you!
Now is the last opportunity to renew or join before rates increase!
On September 1st, 2022, Stained Glass Association of America membership and subscription rates will increase. This will be the first time all three membership prices - Affiliate Membership, Professional Membership, and Accredited Professional Membership - and subscription rates have increased together since 2012.
Anyone can join the Stained Glass Association of America as an Affiliate Member and enjoy access to this thriving community and all the perks of membership. Join a community of people who love to explore and share the beauty, history, function, and craftsmanship of art glass.
- Annual subscription to Stained Glass Quarterly
- Listing in our Online Membership Directory
- First access and discounts on annual SGAA Conferences
- Use of the Affiliate Member Logo
- Access to the SGAA Community Facebook Page
Affiliate memberships for members in the United States are increasing from $65 USD annually to $85 USD annually.
Affiliate memberships for members outside the United States are increasing from $85 USD annually to $105 USD annually.
Or, consider a Professional Membership.
Our Professional members are experienced craftspersons, artists, designers and historians whose primary vocation is in the industry of stained glass. Professional Membership is open to individuals and companies that fabricate, repair, restore, retail, manufacture, and/or distribute products/supplies for the leaded, stained, and/or decorative art glass craft.
- Subscription to the Stained Glass Quarterly
- A membership certificate
- An invitation to attend, and a written report of, General Membership Meetings and Conferences
- A full company listing in the Alphabetical Directory of The Sourcebook
- A full company listing on the SGAA website
- The opportunity to place one, ½-page advertisement in The Sourcebook
- The right to display the Professional Member Logo
- The opportunity to serve on some committees
- The opportunity to serve as chairman of some committees
- The opportunity to be nominated as a Director of the Association
- The right to cast one (1) vote on all elections and business matters brought before the voting membership
- Access to relevant trade information
To be eligible for membership at this level you must:
- Have been in business for a minimum of four (4) years.
- Meet the IRS definition of professional: 70% of income must be derived from work in leaded, stained, and/or decorative art glass.
- Meet specific criteria established by the Membership Committee and provide supportive documentation of compliance.
- Have a general reputation for integrity, financial responsibility, business practices, and quality of craftsmanship that has been appraised to be such as to reflect credit upon the Association.
Professional memberships are increasing from $200 USD annually to $225 USD annually upon application approval.
Stained Glass Quarterly Subscriptions are included in all membership levels!
The Stained Glass Quarterly is the SGAA's award-winning, professional-level publication for the architectural stained glass industry, published quarterly and continuously since 1906. With around 2,000 subscribers, the SGQ documents the history of architectural glass, provides a voice to the stained glass and now mosaic industry, and publishes both member and non-member projects of merit. SGQ also accepts member submissions:
The Member Spotlight celebrates our community of talented members and the incredible work they’re doing. Submit any of your recent work for a chance to have to have it published in the SGQ and shared across our social media pages!
Submit an article to be published! We consider manuscripts directly related to the historical, architectural, technical, business, artistic or craft aspects of the stained and decorative architectural glass and mosaics. This includes (but not limited to!) articles about glass painting and staining, mosaic materials, dalle de verre, lamination, kilnforming, and potentialities of glass as a material.