Mosaic & Glass Arts International 2023
Society of American Mosaic Artists Annual International Juried Member Exhibition
in collaboration with the Stained Glass Association of America
Presented at the CEPA Gallery, Buffalo, New York
August 25 - October 2, 2023.
The Society of American Mosaic Artists (SAMA) and the Stained Glass Association of America (SGAA) invite artists working in mosaic and stained glass media to submit applications to Mosaic and Glass Arts International (MGAI). Held in conjunction with the joint SGAA/SAMA conference, contemporary fine art, architectural, community, & site-specific mosaic, stained and architectural glass from SGAA and SAMA’s diverse memberships. Mosaic and Glass Arts International 2023 exhibition series will be presented at the CEPA Gallery, Buffalo, New York, August 25 - October 2, 2023.
Located in Buffalo’s historic Market Arcade Complex, CEPA Gallery (opens new window) is a contemporary photography and visual arts center with impact in both local and national communities. With three galleries of changing exhibits and events, multimedia public art installations, arts education programs, and an open-access darkroom and digital photo lab, CEPA creates a vibrant presence in the heart of downtown Buffalo. Originally incorporated as the Center for Exploratory and Perceptual Arts to serve as a community darkroom and exhibition space, CEPA Gallery was founded during the Alternative Space Movement in May 1974 by recent graduates of the University of Buffalo.
The 2023 Conference—Forging New Paths will be held at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo, Buffalo NY, September 27 – October 1, 2023.
The Mosaic and Glass Arts International 2023 exhibition series will be comprised of two segments: Fine Art and Site-Specific & Architectural Art, representing new perspectives of mosaic art, stained glass and architectural art in numerous contexts and celebrates established as well as emerging artists working in these traditional mediums today.
Apply Online and Review Prospectus (opens new window)
- April 12, 2023: Digital Submission period opens
- Mid-May, 2023: Live Q&A and "How to build a Crate" interactive sessions (watch for more information)
- June 15, 2023: Digital Submission Deadline ($20 entry fee per work)
- June 30, 2023: Notification of selection e-mailed
- September 1, 2023: Exhibition Opening Event
- September 29, 2023: Mosaic and Glass Arts International Artists Celebration
- October 2, 2023: Exhibition Closes (Hand Delivery Pick-up)
- October 3-6, 2023: Return Shipping of entries or loaned ephemera and shipping of sold work